Saturday, February 20, 2010

Nutritional Supplements for Joint Pain

Most of the Joint Supplements on the market today will contain some of all of the following ingredients: Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin C, Manganese, Silicon and sometimes a “proprietary blend” of the manufacturers design. The following is a short description of each, except the proprietary blend cause it wouldn't be a proprietary blend if the Companies told us what it consisted off.

Glucosamine is an amino acid that the body produces naturally and is an ingredient used in the building and repair of cartilage.

Chondroitin is found in the cartilage, helpful for a healthy cartilage and is thought to help prevent or slow the deterioration of cartilage.

Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is sometimes thought to be a pain reliever but it really is an anti-inflammatory agent.

Hyaluronic acid is thought to be related to the production or retention of the natural fluid found in the joints.

Vitamin C, Manganese, and Silicon are thought by some to provide additional nutrients necessary for optimal joint health.

So do Joint Supplements actually work? I believe the answer is yes, but it is all in the quality of the product. I have taken many different versions of Off-The-Shelf Food Grade Joint Supplements over the years. Not just testing each for short periods of time, but taking a particular product for years – all with no positive results that I could feel.

I took Osteo BiFlex in it’s many different formulations. I took Flex-A-Min and I took Puritan’s Pride in a couple different formulations. I tried different brands and in separate bottles of Glucosamine HCI and Sulfate; Chondroitin; MSM, etc. No results I could feel, meaning I still had knee pain.

I started to believe that I had a mechanical injury type problem that could only be resolved with surgery.

Enter Dennis, who I talked about in an earlier post. He pushed me to try the Joint Supplement from the Pharmaceutical Grade Nutritional Products manufacturer that I was taking daily products from already.

Here’s the story again as I think it is worth repeating: Dennis tells me to try the Pharmaceutical Grade Glucosamine based product and I tell him I have been on various versions of that stuff for over a decade without a positive result. Dennis then asks me if I haven’t learned my lesson on the quality different between Food Grade supplements and Pharmaceutical Grade supplements. A light goes on in my dense brain and I promise to try them for a couple months. It wasn’t the cost that had me concerned. The costs was either comparable to Off-The-Shelf Food Grade Joint products or it was cheaper in many cases.

So I try this product which contains: 1,500 mgs of Glucosamine Sulfate, 150 mgs of Vitamin C, 250 mgs of Tumeric Extract, 2.5 mgs of Manganese and 1.5 mgs of Silicon in an Amino Acid complex. All ingredients in this product being Pharmaceutical Grade, and the product being actually listed in the Physician’s Desk Reference for Pharmaceutical Grade products. Not the Nutritional Supplements version which manufacturers can pay to have their products advertised.




After just weeks on the product, I was in a kneeling position (like a Baseball Catcher) fixing a leaking water spigot. I was kneeling so that my knees wouldn’t touch the mud around the spigot on the ground.

After several minutes of this my house phone rings, so I jump up and ran off to answer it. It took me several seconds to realize that as I jumped up and ran off, that I did so without the pain that normally accompanied knee joint stress. I spent the next several days testing this new found freedom from knee joint pain. Amazing!

Yes, I did call Dennis back and thanked him a second time for his referral to these products. I think I probably took him to Popeyes for a Fried Chicken dinner which was his favorite.

So my belief based on my experiences and my specific knee problems, which had produced years and decades of knee pain in the past, is that Nutritional Products for joint pain and specifically knee joint pain can have a significant effect on your joint pain, but the product you take must be a high quality product – otherwise you’ll not only waste your money but you walk away, maybe hobble or limp away, thinking that Nutritional Supplements just don’t work.

11 comments:

  1. My wife has bad knees. She's been taking the Dr Powers Joint Support + Vitamin B12 for 45 days. She said that she could tell a difference after about three weeks, the pain seemed to be less. The tablets are easy for her to swallow and she has trouble swallowing a number of pills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omega 3 fatty acids may benefit people with rheumatoid and other inflammatory forms of arthritis and joint pain.Avocado and soybean extracts reportedly reduced pain and level of disability and increased range of motion in study participants who took them in supplement form for six months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arthritis and joint pain caused by inflammation in the joints,where two or more bones meet. These substances are occur naturally in the body.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pain extracts of avocado and soybean reduced and the level of disability and range of motion of the study participants who took them as a supplement for six months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and I have been taking Monavie Active for two years and have noticed a big difference in our joints. No more pain! Monavie active has 19 body-beneficial fruits including the acai berry from Brazil and plant-derived glucosamine, which has scientifically shown to promote healthy joint function by targeting mobility and flexibility.For more information: robpayne.mymonavie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Blog is simply superb. Useful content. Nice to read. Thanks sharing this

    Coleus Forshkolii Manufacturers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this great article! That is very interesting I love reading and I am always searching for informative information like this.Sierrasil Winnipeg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thus, taking supplements containing joint pain vitamin, in addition to intake of a balanced diet is highly recommended. Best liquid omega 3

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quality of your blogs and conjointly the articles and price appreciating.supplement manufacturers uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. If more people that write articles really concerned themselves with writing great content like you, more readers would be interested in their writings. Thank you for caring about your content. joint health ingredients

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is a safe & effective Natural Herbal Medicine. For Total Cure Call    +2348142454860,  or email him   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com       For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE contact him. Treatment with Natural Herbal Cure. Treatment with Natural Herbal Cure For: Painful or Irregular Menstruation. HIV/Aids. Diabetics. Vaginal Infections. Vaginal Discharge. Itching Of the Private Part. Breast Infection. Discharge from Breast. Breast Pain & Itching. Lower Abdominal Pain. No Periods or Periods Suddenly Stop. Women Sexual Problems. Chronic Disease. Pain during Sex inside the Pelvis. Pain during Urination. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, (PID). Dripping Of Sperm from the Vagina As Well As for Low sperm count. Parkinson disease. Lupus.  Cancer.  Tuberculosis.  Zero sperm count.  Asthma.  Quick Ejaculation. Premature Ejaculation. Herpes. Joint Pain. Stroke. Weak Erection. Discharge from Penis. Hepatitis A and B. STD. Staphylococcus + Gonorrhea + Syphilis. Heart Disease.  Pile-Hemorrhoid. Waist & Back Pain.  Male Infertility and Female Infertility. Etc. Take Action Now. contact him & Order for your Natural Herbal Medicine:  +2348142454860  and email him    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    Note For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE.I suffered in Cancer for a year and three months dieing in pain and full of heart break. One day I was searching through the internet and I came across a testimony herpes cure by doctor Akhigbe. So I contact him to try my luck, we talk and he send me the medicine through courier service and with instructions on how to be drinking it.To my greatest surprise drinking the herbal medicine within three weeks I got the changes and I was cure totally. I don't really know how it happen but there is power in Dr Akhigbe herbal medicine. He is a good herbalist doctor.

    ReplyDelete