Saturday, March 13, 2010

Joint Pain Relief in My Back as well

As I finished all my chores today including loading and unloading 40 bales of hay each weighing 110+ pounds I have to remark that I have much the same back joint pain relief experiences that Tim from Denver has with his back.

Over 25 years ago, I fractured vertebrate T2 and tore a muscle in my back.  If you have to injure your back, this is probably the best the place to do it  The vertebrate is protected fairly well with muscle and your shoulder blades,...kinda of stablizing it.  But what back injuries tend to do is get the back out of alignment and effect less stabile places in the vertebrate, usually the lower back. 

I used to get tightness in my back as well as spasms when lifting and carrying heavy loads, or even from standing on concrete for long periods in one day.  I even had a MRI of my back in 2005 (at 45 years old then) and the Doctor told me that my back and the deterioration in the disks made my vertebrate appear to be that of a 65 year old.

On or about that same year my back locked up so bad I had to be taken to the hospital for injectable muscle relaxers and pain killers.  I remember vividly sitting in that Emergency Room looking at all those other Veterans, all stooped over, pain in their eyes, who appeared to be in their 80's but most were in their 50's and 60's.  They epitomized the saying "Living Short and Dying Long".  Man, I don't want to be like that,...all crippled up and having to suck up the last 20 or 30 years of your life with ever reducing mobility and life enjoyment.     

Since Tim sent me the mail on his experiences with his back I can't but help think that the long period, now approaching 3 years, that I have had very little back pain or stiffness may also be due to supplements I am taking for my knees.

Today, jumping on and off of the hay truck, picking up, carrying and stacking heavy hay bales there is no doubt that I am much better off today than I was even 4 years ago.  As I write this I have no soreness, pain or even a twinge.  Now that's what I call Living Longer and Dying Shorter.     

No comments:

Post a Comment