Monday, May 10, 2010

Glucosamine Comparison

Recently a friend of mine, and reader of this site no less, asked me what the difference was between the Glucosamine product I take and what he was taking for joint health and to reduce chronic joint pain.

It was hard to compare the product he was taking because the dosage was one to eight tablets day. So I did the comparison based on how tablets he would need to take to cover a 28 day period like the product I take does.

His product is called Glucosamine-Chondroitin Capsules, at $28.50 per 28 day supply. My product is called Procosa II (a Glucosamine based product0 at $23.99 per 28 day supply.

The Glucosamine-Chondroitin Capsules provide 1,400 mg of Glucosamine Sulfate and 1,575 mg of Chondroitin Sulfate per day.

The Procosa II provides 2,000 mg of Glucosamine Sulfate, 300 mg of Vitamin C, 5 mg of Manganese, 500 mg of Turmeric Extract and 3 mg of Silicon.

So I told my friend that on the surface, the Procosa II Glucosamine supplement I take was cheaper and provides more joint pain relief and joint health ingredients than what he was taken. But if you take into consideration the manufacturing differences, where his product is manufactured using food grade standards with no guarantee of quality, dissolution and bio-availability, and, the product I am taking is manufactured under strict pharmaceutical grade standards then there is no comparison.

I also told my friend that with the addition of Omega 3 Fatty Acids to his nutritional supplementation or diet, I think he may get enhanced results as an Omega 3 product would help balance the Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratio which would help reduce inflammation.

I asked him to think it over and do his own research before switching over as it has to be his idea….even though it’s a no brainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment