Saturday, April 17, 2010

Lovaza – Prescription Omega 3 Supplement

Italicized font is from MyAchingKnees.com, other font is info taken from the Lovaza.com website.

MyAchingKnees.com recently became aware of a prescription Omega 3 supplement called Lovaza. Lovaza is a registered trademark of the GlaxoSmithKline group of companies.

This is what the company says about Lovaza: It is a prescription medicine, called a lipid-regulating medicine, for adults. Lovaza is made of omega-3 fatty acids from oils of fish, such as salmon and mackerel. Lovaza is used along with a low-fat and low-cholesterol diet to lower very high triglycerides (fats) in your blood. Before taking Lovaza, talk to your healthcare provider about how you can lower high blood fats by: losing weight, if you are overweight; increasing physical exercise; lowering alcohol use; treating diseases such as diabetes and low thyroid (hypothyroidism); and, adjusting the dose or changing other medicines that raise triglyceride levels such as certain blood pressure medicines and estrogens.


MyAchingKnees.com understands that Lovaza is designed for high cholesterol treatment. We believe that Omega 3 Fatty Acids are an essential ingredient in the overall treatment plan not just for high cholesterol, but for many degenerative diseases. We also believe that Omega 3 Fatty Acids can help with chronic joint pain, especially knee joint pain.

The Lovaza.com website further states that Lovaza is the only FDA-approved medicine made from omega-3 fish oil that's proven, along with diet, to reduce very high triglycerides. That the FDA has standards in place to make sure that prescription medications like LOVAZA are safe, effective, and quality controlled and the method Lovaza is manufactured is reviewed and approved by the FDA.

The Omega 3 Fatty Acid supplement that MyAchingKnees.com uses is a pharmaceutical grade supplement manufactured using GMP processes and receiving a USP certification the same standards from which prescription medication is manufactured.

Each 1-gram capsule of Lovaza contains 465 mg EPA and 375 mg DHA. Inactive ingredients include: Gelatin, glycerol, purified water, alpha-tocopherol (in soybean oil). The daily does is 4 capsules.

Each capsule of the Omega 3 Fatty Acid supplement that MyAchingKnees.com uses and recommends contains 100 IU of Vitamin D, 1000 mg of Fish Oil, 290 mg EPA and 235 mg DHA. Other ingredients include: Gelatin, glycerin, lemon oil, purified water, alpha-tocopherol (in soybean oil). The daily does is 2 capsules. 

Lovaza is being advertised as providing the same active ingredients of up to 14 capsules of other Omega 3 supplements. You can do the math from the above paragraphs and see that is not a true comparison with the Omega 3 supplement we are taking.


With the FDA relaxation of the use of a prescription drug designed for and certified for a particular application, you may see Lovaza prescribed in the future for chronic joint pain, once Physicians understand the possible benefits of Omega 3 for joint pain and once patients start asking for it for this specific joint pain application.


MyAchingKnees.com does not know the cost of a 28 or 30 day supply of Lovaza, however the website is advertising a $20 off per month script savings card. The Omega 3 supplement that we are taking cost $22.17 to $19.95 per 28 day supply, wholesale or autoship price respectively.

6 comments:

  1. My wife has bad knees. She's been taking the Dr Powers Joint Support + Vitamin B12 for 45 days. She said that she could tell a difference after about three weeks, the pain seemed to be less. The tablets are easy for her to swallow and she has trouble swallowing a number of pills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m here to testify about what Dr Okosun did for me. I have been suffering from (GENITAL HERPES VIRUS) disease for the past 4 years and had constant pain and inching, especially in my private part. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be cured someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago I came across a testimony of Rose Smith on the internet testifying about a Man called Dr Okosun on how he cured her from 7 years HSV 2. And she also gave the email address of this man, advise anybody to contact him for help on any kind of diseases that he would be of help, so I emailed him telling him about my (HSV 2) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! Well, I never doubted him I have faith he can cure me too,, Dr Okosun prepared and sent me Healing Oil, Soap, roots and herbs which I took. In the first one week, I started experiencing changes all over me, after four weeks of using his Roots/ Herbs, Oil and Soap, I was totally cured. no more inching , pain on me anymore as Dr Okosun assured me. After some time I went to my doctor to do another test behold the result came out negative. So friends my advise is if you have such disease or know anyone who suffers from it or any other disease like HPV, HBV, HIV, ALS, HBP, CANCER etc. you can contact Dr.Okosun for help via drokosun55@gmail or whatsapp +2348124363791 

      Delete
  2. my wife is having pain on knees. when she goes for morning walk she told me that a knocking sound is coming from joint.she told me that OMEGA DEC3 capsule is good medicine for joint pain that she has watched in TV program.At present i am staying in NEW BHUJ of GUJRAT. Kindly guide me the nearby medicine shop where i can get this capsule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Desiccated porcine supplement can do wonders for hypothyroidism. Of course, asking your doctor applies in this case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another supplement to take is chondroitin which helps construct cartilage whilst glucosamine will decrease inflammation. Best meal replacement shakes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m here to testify about what Dr Okosun did for me. I have been suffering from (GENITAL HERPES VIRUS) disease for the past 4 years and had constant pain and inching, especially in my private part. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be cured someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago I came across a testimony of Rose Smith on the internet testifying about a Man called Dr Okosun on how he cured her from 7 years HSV 2. And she also gave the email address of this man, advise anybody to contact him for help on any kind of diseases that he would be of help, so I emailed him telling him about my (HSV 2) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! Well, I never doubted him I have faith he can cure me too,, Dr Okosun prepared and sent me Healing Oil, Soap, roots and herbs which I took. In the first one week, I started experiencing changes all over me, after four weeks of using his Roots/ Herbs, Oil and Soap, I was totally cured. no more inching , pain on me anymore as Dr Okosun assured me. After some time I went to my doctor to do another test behold the result came out negative. So friends my advise is if you have such disease or know anyone who suffers from it or any other disease like HPV, HBV, HIV, ALS, HBP, CANCER etc. you can contact Dr.Okosun for help via drokosun55@gmail or whatsapp +2348124363791 

    ReplyDelete