Thursday, June 23, 2011

Calcium Deficiencies linked to Joint Problems?

On Calcium deficiency. Joint and Health discussions almost always seem to crop up,..at the office water cooler,....across your property fence with the neighbor,...can't seem to get away from it. But their are a lot of mis-perceptions about nutrients and in particular, nutrients for joint health. Calcium is seemingly one of the nutrients that people misjudge. “Do I need to take Calcium?" "Don't I get enough from the foods I eat?" "Is Calcium deficiency part of my joint pain problem?” The short answers are: "Yes,...No,...and, Maybe."

As far as I can tell, and even with a list of 385 published studies on Calcium supplementation, Calcium or lack of it does not necessarily cause or reduce specific joint but Calcium’s effects on bone strength is indisputable. And using effect reasoning one would think that strong bones, especially at or near the joints and where connective tissue are located, would be necessary for the joints to work and articulate properly.

I have really never though about it until now. I take pharmaceutical grade Calcium supplements. I have had my daughter on them since she was 11 years old when I found out then that girls can have a calcium deficiency that affects overall growth as young as 9 or 10 years old.

So Calcium deficiencies and their well defined link to osteoporosis and osteoarthritis are not just a supplement necessary for older people.

By the way, Calcium should be be taken with the correct amounts of other nutrients in order to effect synergism between all the nutrients. Daily, I take: 1,070 mg of Calcium; 2,200 mgs of Vitamin D3; 120 micrograms of Vitamin K; 700 mg of Magnesium; 4.32 micrograms of Boron and 4 mgs of Silicon.....just from my supplements.

For Information on the Products I recommend, click here, to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment