Thursday, January 6, 2011

Re-Directional Spending for Your Health

The question "What is Your Health Worth?" is a very intriguing question. Ask a Mother, "What's your child's health worth to you?" and you'll get an immediate answer such as "Everything!"

Ask an adult that question and you'll usually get a answer with a caveat,....such as "My health is important to me. I'm pretty fit; fairly careful with what I eat; don't drink too much,....it's just that I'm not going to be a Nazi about it or worry about it all the time." I sometimes say,.."No, your right. You don't need to worry about it now,...hopefully there'll be plenty of time to worry about it when you are in your late 40's, or 50's."

I have done many health presentations to people, explaining the Chair of Health - eating right, taking quality nutritional supplements, getting some physical exercise and avoiding toxins. I'll ask someone if they take nutritional supplements,...and surprisingly most people have or have in the past. They think nothing about paying $27.95 a month for some off the shelf product. When I show they the low rating of their current supplement (in the independent Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements) and show them what I take and recommend they are impressed, until they hear the price,......$44.50......I'll get replies like: "I don't know. That's alot of money for a months worth of supplements." (actually 28 days)

Now I am not allowed by signed agreement, nor it is good practice to run down other companies supplements down,.....I let the Comparative Guide speak for itself, and there are a couple other top rated supplements from different companies as well. But I will ask someone if they eat out and how often? I will always get a positive response,.."Of course I eat out,...at least once a week....maybe more." Then I'll ask "So you maybe spend a minimum of $100 a month on restaurants,....maybe even three times that?"

I don't know,..maybe it's an American thing where we place too much emphasis on instant gratification even though it may be short lasting,....maybe it's a educational thing where people think they are mostly impervious to disease until they get much older,......but I still find it funny that people will spend a lot of money on dinner out, usually twice as much as a 28 day supply of the highest rated daily nutritional supplements cost.

When I ask Mothers if they they are providing supplements to their children I usually get another positive response and usually the product is a store bought, chewable shaped like a cartoon character. When I show them the Comparative Guide for Children's Nutritional Supplements and show them they can provide, at around $13, a much higher rated supplement for their children, AND often this is only $5 more than they are spending for a month supply of off the shelf, food grade supplements,........they balk. So in reality the answer to the first question, "What is your child's health worth?" the answer is $7.95 a month but not $12.50

This is not only an issue of getting what you pay for, but a habit of developing re-directional spending to support your health. It crosses all product lines. Rather than a bag of Fritos, how about a bag of carrots? And if you insist a bag of both,....just make sure you eat the carrots.

I take many supplements each and every day,....wouldn't miss them for the world and I will be on them for the rest of my life,...however long God intends that to be. I take daily multi-mineral and anti-oxidant tablets along with Glucosamine and Omega 3 Fatty Acids which has greatly reduced my chronic knee pain to the point where I am pain free and have the mobility I had 30 years ago when I was in my early twenties. Recently, I have added a Vitamin D supplement since studies are now coming to light that the recently upgraded RDA of 800 IU is still much, much too low for optimum benefits. This cost me roughly $110 a month, not only money well spent, but money not missed as I don't by large amounts of the crap I used to buy. But then again, everyone places a a different worth on their health.


For Information on the Products I recommend, click here, to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment