Monday, February 28, 2011

Reader Question on Knee Pain

Shashi has left a new comment on the MyAchingKnees.com post "Lovaza – Prescription Omega 3 Supplement": “My wife is having pain on knees. When she goes for morning walk she told me that a knocking sound is coming from Joint. She told me that OMEGA DEC3 capsule is good medicine for joint pain that she has watched in TV program. At present I am staying in NEW BHUJ of GUJRAT. Kindly guide me the nearby medicine shop where i can get this capsule.”

MyAchingKnees.com response: Greetings Sashi who is in NW India. I think that Omega 3 Fatty Acids are a supplemental component to knee and joint pain and not the principal nutrient for your joints problems. Omega 3 Fatty Acids are a great nutrient to take as it helps combat oxidative stress, but I would also be looking to provide your knees and joints with Glucosamine.



I am not a fan of off the shelf Glucosamine or other nutritional supplements as there is no way to determine if they are pure, potent, bio-available or even dissolve adequately. If they were potent, pure and meet standards then they would be pharmaceutical grade products and therefore you could be assured of getting what is advertised. The products I used are not sold or available in India ; they are available in 14 countries, however I am sorry India is not one of them.

If your question was pertaining to Lovaza, a prescription Omega 3 Fatty Acids, then availability would be through your medical doctor if that prescription drug is available in India .

Good luck. Shashi.


For Information on the Products I recommend, click here, to contact me.

1 comment: