Monday, February 21, 2011

Tylenol and Hyaluronic Acid for Aching Joints?

This morning I was listening to a radio talk show and one of the speakers was stating that he found good joint pain relief using Tylenol to manage the pain and inflammation, and Hyaluronic Acid (HA) to provide lubrication to the joint.

I just know someone will fall for it and if they are lucky, the results will just be a detour to that person eventually finding some relief from achy joints. If they are un-lucky they will further degrade their overall health and joints with the Tylenol as this pain reliever is hard on the liver and may mask the pain of the joint and lead to overuse and possible structural damage.

The Hyaluronic Acid may work. The Scientists I talk to tell me they don't believe it does. Other researchers tell me companies that produce these over the counter joint products are hesitate to fund independent laboratories to test their claims as they may very well be funding their own ruin.

Bottom line is that if it works for you, then stick with it. I am happy with my pharamceutical grade Glucosamine which includes manganese, turmeric, silicon and most importantly Vitamin C which is a great anti-oxidant and important for connective tissue health. I take 2,000 mg of Glucosamine, 300 mg of Vitamin C, 5 mg of Manganese, 500 mg of Turmeric extract and 3 mg of Silicon each day.

I further take an Omega 3 Essential Fatty Acide supplement which provides 4000 mg of pharmaceutical grade fish oil, including 2400 mg total of Omega 3 Fatty Acids(1160 mg of Eicosapentaenoic Acid - EPA and 940 mg of Docosahexaenoic Acid - DHA), plus 400 IU of Vitamin D each day.

Oh yeah,...the funny part of today's talk show was when the speaker said words to the effect "HA is like water as it lubricates the joints and we all know that the Spanish Explorer Ponce De Deon was looking for the Fountain of Youth - a water source.".....well, that's the point where I changed stations. Ponce De Leon? You gotta be kidding me!

For Information on the Products I recommend, click here, to contact me.

2 comments:

  1. This is really good information detail. I want to know how the tylenol and hyaluronic Acid does work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hyaluronic acid is also found in the skin, which repair damaged tissue plays an important role. However, some factors, such as the sun's ultraviolet rays increases the degradation rate of this compound. In addition, it also helps to organize hydrodynamics, movement and cell proliferation, its role in the interaction between the number of cell surface receptors have been.

    ReplyDelete